Art Therapy Workshops
Art Therapy Groups - What is a group session like?
A therapeutic group art session inspires and ignites people's creativity and imagination and is for all age groups. Participants are taken on a journey and able to use their imaginative right side brain to explore their own personal meanings in life. The value from a therapeutic group art session goes far deeper than just the creativity. Client's have the opportunity to explore emotions and experiences in their life.
Art therapy sessions are an opportunity to share with others in a non judgmental and non analytical environment. A person experiences friendship, bonding, soulful moments, and gains new insights and understanding. Art from the heart is what its all about. To enquire about therapeutic group workshops please enquire via our connect page.
* Art ignites the right creative side of the brain
* Creates connection and socialisation
* Therapeutic sessions can open doors for feelings difficult to talk about
* Creates a place where a person can find more meaning in life
* Provides the tools to help navigate transitions in life
* Assists you with personal growth and insight
* "You just feel better inside"
I can't draw or paint, so how could I do art?
You don't have to be 'arty' or 'creative' to benefit from Group Art Therapy Sessions.
No art experience is necessary. It is all about the journey and the process. There is never a right or wrong way when exploring with art. It's not about the end product its always about the process!
Are Art Therapy Sessions for everyone?
Group Art Therapy Sessions are for everyone, all ages. Being creative, by using the right intuitive side of the brain is good for all ages. It can be helpful for any issue a person is travelling or struggling with to find more meaning. It is about exploring your emotions and unconscious beliefs and allowing yourself to explore mark making and experiencing new ways of seeing the world and connecting with others.
Connecting Community through Creative Workshops
art4connection is an experiential creative and fun workshop event facilitated by art therapists, which is designed to connect people and enhance wellbeing in any organisation.
art4connection does this by providing a safe environment for expression and introduces topics such as peace, gratitude, mindfulness, strengths, boundaries and what brings meaning to ones' life.
Each workshop is unique and participants' can experience a variety of processes such as collage, journaling, drawing, music, poetry and guided meditation. No art experience is necessary as art therapy is about the process not the end product.
art4connection workshop events are great for community organisations to bring people together with a shared experience for bonding, insight, and connection. Workshop events can cater for up to 60 participants depending on the venue. To find out more how art4connection workshops could enhance your community please email for more details.
Who is art4connection for?
- art4connection is for any organisation, from non-profit, government or private corporate companies wanting to build awareness and connections.
- Is for people aged 16 - 80 from a wide range of cultures and lifestyles, including specific groups from community, councils, mental health organisations, disability sector, aged care, youth and the corporate sector.
- People of all abilities, no art experience required as its never about the art but about the process.
Aims of art4connection
- A workshop event that enriches lives and welcomes all people.
- Specific workshops for target audiences i.e. Mental Health month workshops, youth, seniors for Seniors Week or corporate events.
- An event that reduces isolation of individuals and encourages growth, understanding and connection.
- Positive and life enhancing experiences for participants that cause a ripple effect into the wider community.
- A space where participants enjoy creativity, wellness and connection.
- A space for people to feel less anxiety, less stress and more positivity.
- Identify and develop strengths that engage and energise people.
- Shift perceptions so that one can broaden their view of life through a different lens
- Experience more positive emotions such as gratitude, peace, forgiveness, love, joy, zest and a sense of being present in one's life.