Connecting Community through Creative Workshops
What is art4connection?
art4connection is an experiential creative and fun workshop event facilitated by four art therapists, which is designed to connect people and enhance wellbeing. art4connection does this by providing a safe environment for expression and introduces topics such as peace, gratitude, what brings meaning to ones' life and mindfulness.
Each workshop is unique and participants' can experience a variety of processes such as collage, journaling, drawing, music, poetry and guided meditation. No art experience is necessary as art therapy is about the process not the end product.
art4connection workshop events are great for community organisations to bring people together with a shared experience for bonding, insight, and connection. Workshop events can cater for up to 60 participants depending on the venue. To find out more how art4connection workshops could enhance your community please email for more details.
Who is art4connection for?
- art4connection is a community workshop event for people aged 16 - 80 from a wide range of cultures and lifestyles, including specific groups from mental health, disability, aged and the corporate sector.
- People experiencing isolation and wanting social interaction.
- Organisations and communities that are wanting to build connection.
- People of all abilities, no art experience required.
Aims of art4connection
- A workshop event that enriches lives and welcomes all people.
- Specific workshops for target audiences i.e. seniors for Seniors Week.
- An event that reduces isolation of individuals and encourages community connection
- Positive and life enhancing experiences for participants that cause a ripple effect into the wider community
- A community event where participants enjoy creativity, wellness and connection
- A space for people to feel less anxiety, less stress and more positivity
- Identify and develop strengths that engage and energise people
- Shift perceptions so that one can broaden their view of life through a different lens
- Experience more positive emotions such as gratitude, peace, forgiveness, love, joy, zest and a sense of being present in one's life
Robin Catalano (Adv Dip Transpersonal Art Therapy)
Robin facilities art therapy groups at RSL LIfeCare as well as workshops through Macquarie Community Collage and also volunteers at Royal Rehab facilitating art therapy.
Mim Wood (Dip Transperson Art Therapy)
Mim facilities art therapy sessions with the Spinal Cord Injury and Rehabilitation ward of Prince of Wales and St George Hospitals.
Lynda Kennedy (Dip Transpersonal Art Therapy, Dip Counselling)
Lynda facilitates art therapy sessions in aged care and in a private hospital setting as well as facilitation of therapeutic art classes for private institutions.
Grace Randall (Adv Dip Transpersonal Art Therapy, Dip Energetic Healing,
Mediation Facilitators Certificate, BA Psychology Honours Class i)
Grace faciliates art therapy groups at Bankstown City Aged Care and is an experienced meditation facilitator for groups.
Please contact us for more details: